Irredeemable Gossip: Casting about Wikileaks
- Paul Bettany is a shoe-in to play Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, in the inevitable movie. If it is produced in Australia, Bettany could do a two-for-one deal and do the Martin Bryant biopic at the same time.
- Air NZ clearly came to the rather obvious conclusion that actively engaging with me early yesterday was causing more problems than it was solving, and the story kind of moved on anyway. I still maintain that the airline’s media campaign around the in-flight video was a conscious effort to fan flamers.
- Richard Holbrooke’s death seems worth noting
- Great to see Hitch back in top form with this hatchet job on the odious Kissinger.
- 69 percent of Americans support the Obama tax deal, including 68 percent of registered Democrats. Who knew?
- The Oprah thing in Australia is just embarrassing. I love Oprah but the spectacle of the entire continent bowing down before her is nauseating. It is an especially toxic brand of colonial cringe at work. Celebrity cringe?